Sunday, March 2, 2008

Craft Lesson - Que Rico!

This book opens up many opportunities for various lessons. I would use it for cultural purposes and to let the children experience new things.

I would have a variety of foods for them to sample. After trying the food, I would have them write down 2 to 3 adjectives about it. I would want them to try as best they could to not use the same word more than twice. Then, they could use these words and write a sentence about it. For each sentence, they could create a picture. I think I would like to use watercolors or paints to create picture as vivid and bright as the ones in the book. After each one is done, we can bind them somehow and they could have their own Yum book.

I could use this same activity for a dual language classroom. The children could come up with adjectives in Spanish. They could look up words if necessary but I would like to have a big word bank that they could use as well. This could teach grammar and build children's Spanish vocabulary.

1 comment:

Denisse said...

I love art so this project sounds pretty fun!