Thursday, January 31, 2008

Minn and Jake

Wong, Janet. “Minn and Jake.” Frances Foster Books. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2003

I really enjoyed this book. Wong plays out Minn and Jake's friendship and how they interact with the others so well. I was so proud of Jake when he called for help and rescued Minn, and so mad and Henry and Vik for being upset.

Lola annoys me. I know there was at least one girl like that in my school and I couldn't stand her! I just avoided her. I liked that Wong had that kind of character because I think everyone can relate to some experience with someone like that.

I still can't decide if I like the ending. It eventually turns out okay, but I would have liked to know if Minn did get to go see Jake in LA. I also had to re-read the part about Henry and Vick becoming invisible.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Lola annoyed me too! She's just trying to get people in trouble!